[ANN] XPN 0.6.5 released

Nemesis nemesis at nowhere.invalid
Thu Sep 14 15:36:01 EDT 2006

Mentre io pensavo ad una intro simpatica "Franz Steinhaeusler"
scriveva:

>>XPN (X Python Newsreader) is a multi-platform newsreader with Unicode
[...]
> Hello Nemesis,
> that is a great program, thank you.

Thanks.

> I will try to use it and also attempt to
> customize it, so that it works like forte agent.
> <ironic>Even better would it be to have it in wxPython</ironic>

I disagree :-D

> Some little points:
>
> There is no progress bar or other info, if I subscribe one list.
> There is a little in the lower left corner, but if a lot of headers
> and bodies are received, the program seems to hang.
> I actually killed it, because I thought that hanging.

XPN is monothreaded, so when it is downloading the headers (it is a
monolotic job) the progress bar can't be updated.

> It would be nice, if I click on the groups pane another group,
> the messages appear immediatly, without needing to double click the
> group.

You can configure this behaviour, in the Configure Window go to
"Misc"->"Miscellaneous" and you'll find two check buttons
One Click Enter Group
One Click Enter Article

> When composing messages, the tab size is 8. It would be nice to
> have the possibility to adjust this size.

Hmm, it is a GTK default I don't know if I can change it, I'll check it.

--
I don't have a solution but I admire the problem.

 |\ |       |HomePage   : http://nem01.altervista.org