does anybody earn a living programming in python?

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Wed Sep 27 00:40:08 EDT 2006

In article <Xns984AD64A14848OKB at 199.45.49.11>,
OKB (not okblacke) <brenNOSPAMbarn at NObrenSPAMbarn.net> wrote:

>    	This is interesting to me in that all these jobs also involve C.
>I'm not the original poster, but I'd be interested to hear about people
>who make a living programming Python WITHOUT knowing C.

In more than two years in my current job, the only time I've done any C
programming was one time when we wanted to precisely specify how much
memory was getting consumed per unit time.  IOW, it was more of a
sysadmin usage because we were trying to figure out why one machine was
crashing.  I spend less than 5% of my time in Java or shell scripting.
There's a fair amount of SQL, and we have a proprietary HTML templating
language that uses a lot of pseudo-Python.  Other than that, it's all
Python, baby.  We actually do have a fair amount of code in Postscript,
but I'm not one of the people maintaining that.

"LL YR VWL R BLNG T S"  -- www.nancybuttons.com