Looking for the Perfect Editor

limodou limodou at gmail.com
Thu Sep 14 08:45:11 EDT 2006

On 9/14/06, Franz Steinhaeusler <franz.steinhaeusler at gmx.at> wrote:
> On 7 Sep 2006 13:18:22 -0700, "Omar" <outstretchedarm at hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> >I'd love the perfect editor that would be:
> >
> >a) free
>
> DrPython and spe; both written in Python and wxPython using SciTe's
> control scintilla) and SciTE.
>
> DrPython on:
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/drpython/ (Projectpage)
> http://drpython.sourceforge.net/ (Homepage)
>

> >b) enable me to drag and drop code snippets from a sort of browser into
> >the code
>
> DrPython Codemarks plugin.
>

> >c) can run programs right from within
>
> DrPython => Program => Run (default F5)
>

> >d) can edit
> >      - PYTHON
> DrPython, spe, SciTE.
>
> >      - Javascript
> no definite support.
>
> >      - HTML
> DrPython (the others, I don't know)
>
> >      - actionscript (since I'm also learning flash)
>
> Sepy on Sourceforge (also written in Python with wxPython)
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/sepy/
>

> >e) easy to learn
> >

> SciTE especially.
>
> >suggestions?

These things UliPad also can do. And it also support html, javascript,
css, java, etc syntax highlight. UliPad also support Input Assistant,
even include custom calltips and auto-complete, and many features, you
can find in http://wiki.woodpecker.org.cn/moin/UliPad

It also has a directory browser, wizard, plugins-system, code snippets
manage. Just using it, you'll find out what it's.

--
I like python!
My Blog: http://www.donews.net/limodou