=?iso-8859-1?q?How_to_allow_special_character's_like_=EF, =F9, acute_e_etc...?=

sonald sonaldgr8 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 5 03:12:18 EDT 2006

Dear All,
I am working on a module that validates the provided CSV data in a text
format, which must be in a predefined format.
We check for the :

1. Number of fields provided in the text file,

2. Text checks for max. length of the field & whether the field is
mandatory or optional
    Example:
                        Text('Description', 100, optional=True)
    Parameters: "Name of the field" => 'Description'
                       "Max length "        => 100
                       "Optional" => 'True' (the field is not mandaory)

3. valid-text expressions,
        Example:
            ValidText('Minor', '[yYnN]')

    Parameters:
            name    => field name
            regex   => the regular expression y/Y for Yes & n/N for No

Recently we are getting data, where, the name contains non-english
characters like: ' ATHUMANIù ', ' LUCIANA S. SENGïONGO '...etc

Using the Text function, these names are not validated as they contain
special characters or non-english characters (ï,ù). But the data is
correct.
Is there any function that can allow such special character's but not
numbers...?

Secondly, If I were to get the data in Russian text, are there any
(lingual) packages available so that i can use the the same module for
validation.
Such that I just have to import the package and the module can be used
for validating russian text or japanese text....

Regards,
Sonal.