does anybody earn a living programming in python?

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Wed Sep 27 20:04:13 EDT 2006

"Dan Bishop" <danb_83 at yahoo.com> writes:

> It's so frustrating seeing all those job postings that require a
> "mimimum 10 years experience".

I think it shows a huge gulf of communication between the person
writing the job requirements and the person who actually asked for the
position to be filled.

If someone has been doing the same thing for 10 years, they're not the
sort of programmer I want coming anywhere *near* the systems I depend
on. If, instead, they've been doing lots of different things for 10
years, I'm not a bit interested that one of them happened to be
consistent throughout that period.

--
 \       "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are |
  `\     fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."  -- "Lord" George |