Unicode string handling problem

Richard Schulman raschulmanxx at verizon.net
Wed Sep 6 00:08:20 EDT 2006

On Wed, 06 Sep 2006 03:55:18 GMT, Richard Schulman
<raschulmanxx at verizon.net> wrote:

>...I'm now using the codec with
>improved results, but am still puzzled as to how to handle the row
>termination of \n\n, which is being interpreted as two rows instead of
>one.

Of course, I could do a double read on each row and ignore the second
read, which merely fetches the final of the two u'\n' characters. But
that's not very elegant, and I'm sure there's a better way to do it
(hint, hint someone).

Richard Schulman (for email, drop the 'xx' in the reply-to)