Getting a lot of SPAM from this list

BartlebyScrivener rpdooling at gmail.com
Mon Oct 23 16:00:37 EDT 2006

Larry Bates wrote:

>  Does anyone have a suggestion as to a
> way that I can get less of this spam?  I could have another
> email address, but that won't help as I'd still get the spam
> and have to wade through it.

Why not just open a separate gmail address? And use it for comp lang
python only?

I find it much more convenient to browse to

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.python

than to wade through emails. You can read and post or just quickly scan
for new stuff of interest. Also, the search box is invaluable.

Meanwhile, back at the gmail account, the spam filters aren't perfect,
but they do a pretty good job and, as I say, I'm mostly reading and
posting via the Goggle Group. So I don't really care if spam
accumulates back at my gmail address.

If they still require invitations, I'll send you one :)

rd