prefix search on a large file

js ebgssth at gmail.com
Fri Oct 13 09:06:45 EDT 2006

I did the test the way you suggested. It took not so long to realize
stupid mistakes I made. Thank you.

The following is the result of test with timeit(number=10000)
using fresh copy of the list  for every iteration

0.331462860107
0.19401717186
0.186257839203
0.0762069225311

I tried my recursive-function to fix up my big-messed-list.
It stops immediately because of 'RuntimeError: maximum recursion limit exceeded'

I hope this trial-and-errors getting me good place...

anyway, thank you.