How to write Smart Python programs?

Bruno Desthuilliers onurb at xiludom.gro
Wed Oct 11 12:00:52 EDT 2006

John Salerno wrote:
> Bruno Desthuilliers wrote:
>
>> Googling for "python is not java" may be a good start.
>
> I have a question about this section of a blog with that title. I'll ask
> the question first so it doesn't get lost at the bottom: does the
> following opinion of XML apply to GUIs? (i.e., using an XML resource to
> define a GUI layout rather than coding it yourself).

There's a difference between not using XML and direct hand-coding -
Python is fairly usable as a configuration language (much more than XML
IMHO).

Now when it comes to GUI toolkits, they are usually coded in another
language, and usually come with language-agnostic GUI designers that use
XML. So the point is already solved somehow !-)

--
bruno desthuilliers