excepthook doesn't give exact line number

Hari Sekhon hpsekhon at googlemail.com
Thu Oct 5 07:09:35 EDT 2006

I've tried the sample code you provided but it seems to just hang, it
must be doing something but unfortunately it must take too long, by
which time a second control-c gives an awful dual traceback message
showing the original traceback and the new one from the tbiter() func.

I've tried a few variations since yesterday but unfortunately those 2
funcs take too long to run to make a viable solution and the script ends
up hanging on an uncaught exception.

If anybody has any improvements, suggestions or alternatives for getting
the proper line number and traceback message inside an excepthook then
I'd be grateful to hear them.

-h

Hari Sekhon