help on pickle tool

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Fri Oct 6 05:00:21 EDT 2006

Fredrik Lundh wrote:
> MonkeeSage wrote:
>

>>YAML is a little more complex
>

> a little?  when did you last look at the spec?
>

>>and a little more mature.
>

> than JavaScript's expression syntax?  are you sure you're not confusing
> libraries with standards here?  (has anyone even managed to write a YAML
> library that's small and simple enough to be "obviously correct"?)

I have to agree that YAML, having started out with simplicity in mind,
has become a monster that threatens to collapse under its own weight.
The very existence of JSON is a good indicator that YAML has failed to
meet its design goals for a significant proportion of application
developers.

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden       +44 150 684 7255  +1 800 494 3119