*** Spam *** Re: commands.getstatusoutput result is not command line exit value!!!

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Mon Oct 2 11:44:49 EDT 2006

A famous Holden typo - it should have been "12 * 256 == 3072", but
really it shouldn't have been beyond you to perform a division of 3072
by 12 (given that you already knew the number 12 was potentially involved).

Basically the value you want is shifted up 8 bits. Perhaps I should more
understandably have said:

   12 << 8 == 3072

regards
  Steve

--
Steve Holden       +44 150 684 7255  +1 800 494 3119