SOAPpy and callback

Diez B. Roggisch deets at nospam.web.de
Fri Oct 13 07:38:46 EDT 2006

fabien.benard at gmail.com schrieb:
> SOAP standard doesn't provide any callback, and it looks like SOAPpy
> doesn't too.
> I remember using callbacks with Javascript and SOAP in Web pages. I was
> just wondering if there could be the same with Python.

How that? I seriously doubt that, it would mean that the server would be
able to issue an request on its own to the browser - a technical
impossibility in current browser implementations.

Just because you used a callback inside a js-soap-implementation that
works with deferreds or something similar doesn't mean that the soap
itself knew callbacks.

Diez