Converting existing module/objects to threads

jdlists at gmail.com jdlists at gmail.com
Wed Oct 18 23:01:36 EDT 2006

Gabriel Genellina wrote:
> At Wednesday 18/10/2006 22:02, jdlists at gmail.com wrote:
>
> >This currently works in a non-threaded version, but only for one device
> >at a time, there is a need to create a single windows(yeach) service
> >that talks to many of these devices at once.  I don't need worker
> >threads that handle seperate portions of the entire job, i need a
> >single application to spawn multiple processes to run through the
> >entire communication from configure to report, sleep until the next
> >interval time and run again.  The communication could last from 1
> >minute to 10 minutes before it ends.
>
> Consider using the asyncore module instead of threads.
>

> --
> Gabriel Genellina
> Softlab SRL

I think that is a good point and I am considering using
asyncore/asynchat...  i'm a little confused as to how i can make this
model work.  There is no server communication without connection from
the client (me), which happens on intervals, not when data is available
on a socket or when the socket is available to be written, which is
always.  Basically i need to determine how to trigger the asynchat
process based on time.  in another application that i write, i'm the
server and the chat process happens every time the client wakes
up...easy and perfect for asyncore

That is a solution i'd like to persue, but am having a hard time
getting my head around that as well.