What's the best IDE?

Stephen Eilert spedrosa at gmail.com
Thu Oct 26 14:56:11 EDT 2006

BartlebyScrivener wrote:
> >> Vim
> >> you'll be frustrated for about a week,
>
> You'll be frustrated for at least two weeks. But you'll use it forever
> for everything from writing to programming, so who cares?
>
> Auto completion is called omni completion in VIM
>
> type ':h new-omni-completion' at the command line after two weeks of
> frustration.
>
> rd

As others said, you'll learn new stuff every day. I never knew about
this omni-completion thing until today, and I'm using VIM almost every
day.

Go figure.

Once you generate a tags file, navigation becomes easy. I never managed
to invoke Python inside VIM as a "compiler" tho. The fact that you can
create scripts for VIM in Python is also a plus.

Stephen