Python to use a non open source bug tracker?

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Fri Oct 6 11:44:03 EDT 2006

Giovanni Bajo wrote:
> I am seriously concerned
> that the PSF infrastructure committee EVER considered non open-source
> applications for this. In fact, I thought that was an implicit requirement in
> the selection.

The goal of the selection process is to support the work of the Python
developers who have to actually *use* the bug tracking system, and
support its upkeep.  In accordance with the Zen of Python, Practicality
beats purity.

P.S. The Sourceforge tracker being used now and for the past several
years isn't open source, either, so it's hardly an emergency to have an
open source tracker *now*.