Handling emails

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Thu Oct 26 22:32:01 EDT 2006

"Peter Decker" <pydecker at gmail.com> writes:

> On 10/26/06, Ben Finney <bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au> wrote:
> > There is always the option to not send messages to this list using
> > that mail server. I don't care what option is taken, so long as
> > the useless and obnoxious headers on his messages stop.
> >
> > --
> >  \     Lucifer: "Just sign the Contract, sir, and the Piano is yours." |
> >   `\     Ray: "Sheesh! This is long! Mind if I sign it now and read it |
> > _o__)                             later?"  -- http://www.achewood.com/ |
> > Ben Finney
>
> Ah, but obnoxious footers are OK, I guess.

I guess. I maintain that there *is* a qualitative difference between a
spammy header block, irrelevant to the message content but intruding
upon it, at the top of the message; and a dignature block at the
bottom, *after* all the relevant material, separated by a standard
signature block separator.

--
 \                      "I doubt, therefore I might be."  -- Anonymous |
Ben Finney