Python to use a non open source bug tracker?

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Wed Oct 4 20:27:09 EDT 2006

"Ben Finney" <bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au> wrote in message
news:87lknvelb3.fsf at benfinney.id.au...
> The whole point of moving *from* SF *to* another bug tracker is to
> improve the situation, surely.

The current situation is that the limitations and intermittant failures of
the SF tracker sufficiently impede the Python development process that some
people were motivated to do the work to find a better alternative.

> You already seem to acknowledge that using free-software tools to
> develop Python is desirable.

The committee already said so by saying that with other things equal, it
would choose Roundup.

> I don't see why you're being so obtuse

I think name calling is out of line here.

Terry Jan Reedy