Getting method name from within the class method

Mitko Haralanov mitko at qlogic.com
Thu Oct 19 20:52:23 EDT 2006

On Thu, 19 Oct 2006 08:16:57 +0200
Fredrik Lundh <fredrik at pythonware.com> wrote:

> why are you writing functions that needs to output their own name a
> 100 times?  why should the program's *external* behaviour depend on
> such an irrelevant detail of its internal design?  sounds like lousy
> design to me.

I am sorry if I sound defensive in my reply here, I am not trying to be.

What does it matter why I am doing it? I only want to know if it's
possible and if so, how?

I only gave the above scenario as an example to illustrate my point
and so I don't have to explain the design and internals of my work.

Mitko Haralanov					 mitko at qlogic.com
Senior Software Engineer			     650.934.8064
System Interconnect Group		    http://www.qlogic.com