Embedded python loading .so files?

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Thu Oct 26 15:33:30 EDT 2006

jefishman at gmail.com schrieb:
> I realize that this should include a ('.so','rb',3) entry (should it
> not? 3->imp.C_EXTENSION) if it were going to locate the c extension.
> Thus, my revised question would be what sets the suffixes for import?
> How do/Can I change this?

It depends on the target supporting dynamic loading, and, in particular
HAVE_DYNAMIC_LOADING being defined in pyconfig.h. This, in turn, is
set in configure[.in], if DYNLOADFILE isn't dynload_stub.o. DYNLOADFILE
should be dynload_shlib.o if the system isn't AIX, BeOS, hp, Darwin,
or atheos, and if ac_cv_func_dlopen is defined (i.e. if the system has
dlopen).

HTH,
Martin