Handling emails

Fulvio fulvio at tm.net.my
Mon Oct 23 03:54:16 EDT 2006

***********************
Your mail has been scanned by InterScan MSS.
***********************

Hello,

I'd like to ask some clue to move further on my project :-)
The purpose would be to gather all emails (local and remote ones) to do some
backup.
I've tried to get ideas by reading all about the modules enclose with python,
but neither email framework nor mailbox give me the idea how to handle *one*
email complete of payload and attachment (if any).
This purpose will give me chance to avoid duplicates and I suppose to achieve
the grade of making a maildir o mbox file.
It's welcome to point me to useful information. Surely I'm not asking
ready-made solution :-).

BTW sorry to whom feel hurt by the "virus scan banner". That's not generated
by me, but rather by my ISP. I'll try to contact my ISP and ask to move it
off from the email body.