Oracle database export

mensanator at aol.com mensanator at aol.com
Thu Oct 5 15:09:13 EDT 2006

Tor Erik Soenvisen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need to export an Oracle database to a DDL-formated file. On the Web, I
> found a Python script that did exactly this for a MS Access database, but
> not one for Oracle databases.

How does the Python script connect to the MS Access database?

If it's an ODBC connection, can't you make an ODBC connection to the
Oracle database and use the same script? I have an application that
loads PDA data to a named ODBC connection. I point that named
connection to different databases depending on whether I'm loading
to the network database (SQL Server) or a local database (MS Access).
No modification to the application required.