Want to reduce steps of an operation with dictionaries

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Tue Oct 24 21:14:22 EDT 2006

pretoriano_2001 at hotmail.com writes:

> I have next dictionaries:
> a={'a':0, 'b':1, 'c':2, 'd':3}
> b={'a':0, 'c':1, 'd':2, 'e':3}
> I want to put in a new dictionary named c all the keys that are in b
> and re-sequence the values.

They never had a sequence, so you can't "re-sequence" them.

You have not, perhaps, worked your way through the Python
tutorial. It's quite comprehensive and will give you a good grounding
in the basic concepts.

    <URL:http://docs.python.org/tut/>

--
 \      "I stayed up all night playing poker with tarot cards. I got a |
  `\               full house and four people died."  -- Steven Wright |