httplib and HTTPS Connections

Heikki Toivonen heikki at osafoundation.org
Wed Oct 18 20:08:42 EDT 2006

runningwild wrote:
> When I try to run https_cli.py however I get the following exception:

> This worked just fine showing me the directory listing and allowing me
> to navigate.
> This was also true for firefox when connecting to
> https://localhost:9443/ from the server in
> demos/httts.howto/orig_https_srv.py
>
> Any idea what is going on here?

Sorry about that. I should put in prominent warnings that the demos
aren't actively maintained.

In this case the problem is that the old demo wants to use sslv2, but
the updated Context constructor explicitly disables that, so we don't
have any ssl versions available to do the connection.

The easiest way to fix this is to take out the argument to SSL.Context()
and let it use the defaults (defaults to all ssl versions).

I am fixing that demo as we speak, so it will be included in the next
M2Crypto release.

--
  Heikki Toivonen