Ok. This IS homework ...

Nick Craig-Wood nick at craig-wood.com
Mon Oct 16 06:30:03 EDT 2006

Frederic Rentsch <anthra.norell at vtxmail.ch> wrote:
>  It was called a flow chart. Flow charts could be translated directly
>  into machine code written in assembly languages which had labels, tests
>  and jumps as the only flow-control constructs. When structured
>  programming introduced for and while loops they internalized labeling
>  and jumping. That was a great convenience. Flow-charting became rather
>  obsolete because the one-to-one correspondence between flow chart and
>  code was largely lost.

The trouble with flow charts is that they aren't appropriate maps for
the modern computing language territory.

I was born and bred on flow charts and I admit they were useful back
in the days when I wrote 1000s of lines of assembler code a week.

Now-a-days a much better map for the the territory is pseudo-code.
Python is pretty much executable pseudo-code anway!