Python to use a non open source bug tracker?

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Thu Oct 5 04:50:05 EDT 2006

Georg Brandl wrote:

>> The python foundation suggests a non-python non-open-source bugtracking
>> tool for python.
>
> Actually, it suggests two bugtracking tools, one of them written in
> Python.

the announcemant's subject line said "recommendation for a new issue
tracker", though; not "we need the community's help before we can make a
final recommendation".

in fact, only 20% of the announcement talked about Python; the rest was
something that looked a lot like a press release from the non-python
hosting company, so it's not that strange that people missed the few
sentences in the middle that explained that the subject line wasn't
entirely accurate.

</F>