3D Vector Type Line-Drawing Program

Ron Adam rrr at ronadam.com
Tue Oct 10 22:16:17 EDT 2006

Scott David Daniels wrote:
> James Stroud wrote:
>>> I'm looking for a program to do line-drawings in 3d, with output to
>>> postscript or svg or pdf, etc. I would like to describe a scene with
>>> certain 1-3d elements oriented in 3d space with dashed or colored
>>> lines and filled or transparent surfaces (or maybe semitransparent).
>

> Take a look at VPython -- easy to start, 3-D display (wall-eye /
> cross-eye) easy to run on.

I really like VPython because of how easy it is to use once you are familiar
with it.

Is there a way to have the display show a wire frame image instead of shaded
shapes?  And with or without hidden line removal?

Is there an easy way to convert a display to something that can be printed?

Cheers,
    Ron