[OT] a little about regex

Fulvio fulvio at pc.jaring.my
Fri Oct 20 08:30:06 EDT 2006

On Friday 20 October 2006 02:40, Ron Adam wrote:
> I see, is this a cleanup script to remove the least wanted items?

Yes. Probably will remain in this mode for a while.
I'm not prepaired to bring out a new algorithm

> Or is it a bit of both?  Why the score?

As exposed on another post. There should be a way to define a deny/allow with
some particular exception.( I.e deny all ".com" but not
myfriend at heppyday.com)

> I would think the allow(keep?) filters would always have priority over deny
> filters.

It's a term which discerning capacity are involved. The previous post got this
point up. I think to allow all ".uk" (let us say) but not "info.uk" (all
reference are purely meant as example). Therefore if applying regex denial
on ".info.uk" surely that doesn't match only ".uk".

> I think keeping the allow filter seperate from the deny filter is good.
Agreed with you. Simply I was supposing the regex can do negative matching.

> You might be able to merge the header lines and run the filters across the
> whole header at once instead of each line.

I got into this idea, which is good, I still need a bit of thinking to code
it. It need to remember what will be the right separator between fields,
otherwise may cause problems with different charset.

> > Actually I've problem on issuing the command to imap server to flag
> > "Deleted" the message which count as spam. I only know the message
>
> I can't help you here.  Sorry.

Found it :), by try&fail.

> > BTW whose Fred?

I can't link foreigner NG than my isp giving me. I'm curious and I'll give it
a try.