Cannot force configure/setup.py to pick up location of readline (SFWrline) on Solaris 10

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Fri Oct 13 09:08:45 EDT 2006

    Chris> However, make doesn't build a readline module and I think this is
    Chris> because setup.py is not taking the custom *FLAGS into account.
    Chris> Even if I export them as environment variables, I get no readline
    Chris> module.

Try

    ./python setup.py build_ext --help

There are a couple flags you can give to the build_ext command that direct
to the appropriate include and library directories.

It would be nice if distutils could be persuaded to listen to *FLAGS, but it
doesn't.  Maybe someone reading this would like to make it so.

Skip