IE7 skulduggery?

BartlebyScrivener rpdooling at gmail.com
Mon Oct 30 08:31:36 EST 2006

Hello everyone:

I use Firefox, but perhaps unwisely accepted the XP update to IE7 when
it came in. When I check under folder options, my htm and html files
are still associated with FireFox.

However, now when I attempt to use my nice site launcher that I wrote
in Python (which has worked fine for months), I get this new error:

d:\python>l clp
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "d:\python\l.py", line 208, in ?
    launch(obj)
  File "d:\python\l.py", line 120, in launch
    webbrowser.open(sites[obj][1])
  File "C:\Python24\lib\webbrowser.py", line 43, in open
    get().open(url, new, autoraise)
  File "C:\Python24\lib\webbrowser.py", line 250, in open
    os.startfile(url)
WindowsError: [Errno 1155] No application is associated with the
specified file for this operation:
'http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.python'

On my other machines, which have not yet received the IE7 update, the
same script runs fine and launches the sites in FireFox.

Anybody else seeing something like this post IE7?

Also, suddenly links don't open inside Thunderbird, but they do inside
Outlook. How convenient. Upgrading to FireFox 2.0 didn't change
anything.

Live and learn.

rd