Best IDE?

Theerasak Photha hanumizzle at gmail.com
Fri Oct 13 10:37:53 EDT 2006

On 13 Oct 2006 07:29:09 -0700, Ahmer <ahmerhussain at gmail.com> wrote:
> What do you guys use?
> Why?
> What do you like and hate about it?
> What platform(s) is it avalable on?
> How much does it cost?
> etc.

I use GNU Emacs 22 and a screen session.

Advantages:

* Comprehensive, comprehensive, comprehensive...tags support,
Subversion integration, syntax highlighting, sophisticated
indentation, whatever I want basically
* Resource-light, contrary to the preconceived opinions some have of Emacs
* Keyboard-oriented; ergonomic and fast (Xfce is set up to switch
desktops by key as well)
* Available on any major platform that you would want to use Python on
* And it's free

Disadvantages:

* No UI builder...for this you can use Glade or maybe Boa Constructor
* Not many else...none other that I can think of right now, actually

-- Theerasak