using mmap on large (> 2 Gig) files

Chetan pandyacus.xspam at xspam.sbcglobal.net
Thu Oct 26 05:26:33 EDT 2006

Paul Rubin <http://phr.cx@NOSPAM.invalid> writes:

> I mean just have an interface to OS locks (Linux futex and whatever
> the Windows counterpart is) and maybe also a utility function to do a
> compare-and-swap in user space.
There is code for spinlocks, but it allocates the lockword in the process
memory. This can be used for thread synchronization, but not for IPC with
external python or non-python processes.
I found a PyIPC IPC package that seems to provide interface to Sys V shared
memory and semaphore  - but I just found it, so cannot comment on it at this
time.