dictionary containing a list

goyatlah
Sat Oct 7 00:53:22 EDT 2006

I think what you mean is that if you change your list, it is changed
somewhere in your dicrionary to. Lists are always copied as pointers,
except explicitly told other wise. So a = b = [] makes a and be the
same list, and a.append(1) makes b ->  [1].
So do something like mydict[mykey] = mylist[:] (Slicing gives a copy
of the list, not the pointer).
Hope this helps.

Moi
Dolf