Python wrapper for C++ core

Holly holly.woodland at gmail.com
Thu Oct 19 06:10:55 EDT 2006

Thanks everyone for the responses - I think I have a better
understanding now. I can handle all the messy I/O in Python and use C
for the number crunching. I especially like the idea of using python to
output the results to excel.

OK time to learn Python i think - any tips on best place to start
(tutorials/documentation etc). I have a pretty comprehensive background
in C/C++/Java and a bit of experience some other scripting languages so
its really a matter of syntax/libraries rather than programming
theory/constructs

>> see "fluid sim" and "games dev" in the same post, which kind of makes
>>me scratch my head.  What would you need fluid sim for in a game?

sorry i was just listing places I had seem people waxing lyrical on the
benefits of python. I am not doing games development - I have just
heard lots of games developers saying they use python

Thanks again for all the help!

Holly