httplib and HTTPS Connections

runningwild sparkytwobillion at gmail.com
Mon Oct 16 22:29:53 EDT 2006

Helo,

This is the first time I have cared about httplib's HTTPSConnection.

In the docs I read "Note: HTTPS support is only available if the socket
module was compiled with SSL support."

Although my small test script "seems" to work when connecting to a
webserver via HTTPS I am really not sure.

In other words it worked the first time. I never trust anything that
seems to work right the first time. ;-)

My question is how can I tell if the criteria in the "NOTE:" is met?
How do I know that the socket module was indeed compled with SSL
support?

The reason this is important is that I am building a credit card
payment system.

Here is my little test script
Python 2.4.3

import httplib