Book about database application development?

Wolfgang Keller wolfgang.keller.nospam at gmx.de
Sun Oct 15 08:47:37 EDT 2006

Hello,

does anyone know of a good book that about development of database
applications?

Preferrably language independent, if that's not available something
"readable" as the example language would be nice (Delphi is ok for me, not
any kind of C-dialect including Java and C#). Unfortunately there seems to be
nothing dedicated to database applications with Python.

I'm especially interested in such practical topics as e.g. how to implement
things such that the resulting application doesn't show the hourglass for
minutes on every mouseclick.

And, btw; "W** applications" are totally irrelevant for me.

TIA,

Sincerely,

Wolfgang Keller

--