python 2.5 & sqlite3

BartlebyScrivener rpdooling at gmail.com
Wed Oct 11 16:34:57 EDT 2006

Sorry, I have a knack for making things more difficult than they need
to be. I'm on Windows XP and waiting for the ActiveState release of
Python 2.5. I want to experiment with sqlite and I see that Python 2.5
has the "wrapper" but sqlite itself must be downloaded separately.

I see no installation instructions on the sqlite.org site for Windows
XP. I have downloaded sqlite3.exe, sqlite3.dll, and sqlite3.def. Must I
put them in a certain location, or will any folder do as long as it is
in path?

Anybody know if the ActiveState distribution will have sqlite itself
included?

As always, thank you for the generous help.

rd