News on versions modules for Python-2.5?

John J. Lee jjl at pobox.com
Sat Oct 7 07:21:50 EDT 2006

"sjdevnull at yahoo.com" <sjdevnull at yahoo.com> writes:

> Méta-MCI wrote:
> > And who can confirm that these modules are independent of Python version?
> >
> >     ReportLab
>
> I can't confirm it's 100% independent, but I have been using reportlab
> on Windows and Linux with Python 2.5.

If anything in the ReportLab open source toolkit doesn't work with
Python 2.5, it's a bug.  (and as I say, I don't remember any bug
reports about problems using it with Python 2.5 yet)

I'm not really sure what "100% independent of Python version" means,
but guessing that in practice, what the OP was interested in was
"supported under, and works fine with, Pythons 2.4 and 2.5", and the
answer to that is a definite "yes" :-)

John