Rate my reply

Mon Oct 23 10:31:54 EDT 2006

Paddy wrote:

> What I am interested in is if John and others might just take time out
> to critique the replies. I'm interested in what the group think makes a
> good comp.lang.python reply: too short, too long; too cryptic, too
> simplistic, too polite (is their such a thing), too nasty; too
> self-effacing, too self-promoting; too long a sig ;-) ,  too anonymous

Thanks for the reply. It's kind of hard for me to critique your reply at
this point, because I'm starting to understand my problem now. But what
I liked about your help was that you took it in steps and show each
process. What's always a little confusing is when people immediately
resort to examples for help instead of explaining it in words first,
because often times this just duplicates the confusion for the OP. But
examples definitely help!