Python Newbie question

Larry Bates larry.bates at websafe.com
Fri Oct 13 10:55:42 EDT 2006

insideview at gmail.com wrote:
> Is it possible to combine or bundle separate .exe files into the
> compiled python .exe when using py2exe? If possible, how would that be
> described within setup.py ..... and how/where would I specify such .exe
> should be ran first in the pre-compiled scripts? My goal is to get the
> total package down to as few files as possible, so I appreciate
> understanding how I could do this. The .exe is some low-level commands
> that was compiled in a separate language.... but I hope this little
> .exe can be included gracefully. Thank you for your expertise! :) AMYMC

Do this with the installer instead of with py2exe.  Take a look at
Inno Setup (http://www.jrsoftware.org/isinfo.php).  With it you can put
as many files (.exe or otherwise) and have supporting .exe's run in any
order you wish (after installation).  This was you have only 1 file
(setup.exe) that needs to be distributed.  Doesn't really matter ho
many files it installs when it runs, that's all hidden from the user
anyway.

-Larry Bates