Where can I find good python code?

Chris Lambacher chris at kateandchris.net
Fri Oct 13 14:55:31 EDT 2006

On Sat, Oct 14, 2006 at 01:08:37AM +0900, js  wrote:
>  Hi,
>
> I've learned basics of Python and want to go to the next step.
> So I'm looking for good python examples
> I steal good techniques from.
>
> I found Python distribution itself contains some examples in Demo directory.
> I spent some time to read them and
> I think they're good but seemed not so practical to me.
>
> Any recommendations?
A large portion of the standard library is pure python and of high
quality(thats how it made it there in the first place).  The newer a module is
to the library, the better it will conform to current best practices.

On Unix environments you can find the standard library in
$PREFIX/lib/python$VERSION/ where $PREFIX is often /usr but sometimes
/usr/local and version is the version you have installed (maybe 2.4 or 2.5?)

On Windows you can find the standard library in c:\Python%VERSION%\Lib where
%VERSION% is the version you installed (maybe 24 or 25?)

-Chris