py2app semi-standalone semi-works

James Stroud jstroud at mbi.ucla.edu
Wed Oct 4 06:50:02 EDT 2006

Hello All,

I am trying to create a semi-standalone with the vendor python on OS X
10.4 (python 2.3.5). I tried to include some packages with both
--packages from the command and the 'packages' option in setup.py. While
the packages were nicely included in the application bundle in both
cases (at Contents/Resources/lib/python2.3/), they were not found by
python when the program was launched, giving the error:

     "ImportError: No module named [whatever module]"

Is this because semi-standalone is semi-broken or is it because I have
semi-omitted something?

Any advice on resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated and
would greatly reduce the size of the download.

James