Script to count files in a folder

umut.tabak at student.kuleuven.be umut.tabak at student.kuleuven.be
Mon Oct 23 09:03:49 EDT 2006

Dear all,

We have a multi-platform application(Windows-Linux). Linux part of our
application is writing some input and trigger files on the a shared
drive. What I want to do is to be able to count the occurence of these
trigger files.

lets say my file is

file.start

A batch file creates this file and deletes that file in the same loop.
This file is intended to start the reading of an input file. After it
is read batch file deletes this file automatically and on the next loop
it  will be written and deleted again. With this script I have to count
the occurences of the file on this specific folder.

I did not have the time to think on it but maybe you can give me some
ideas on that. And btw, I am not an expert in scirpting. I am trying to
learn Python but this task is a little bit over my head.

Any help or thoughts are appreciated.

With best regards