Where to find pydoc?

Wijaya Edward ewijaya at i2r.a-star.edu.sg
Mon Oct 16 04:04:14 EDT 2006

I tried to call pydoc from my Linux box.
To my realization that it doesn't contain
pydoc.

I thought this module should be a default module.

Can anybody suggest where can I find the module?
I tried:

$ easy_install pydoc
Searching for pydoc
Reading http://sqlobject.org/ <http://sqlobject.org/>
Reading http://peak.telecommunity.com/dist <http://peak.telecommunity.com/dist>
Reading http://www.python.org/pypi/pydoc/ <http://www.python.org/pypi/pydoc/>
Couldn't find index page for 'pydoc' (maybe misspelled?)
Scanning index of all packages (this may take a while)
Reading http://www.python.org/pypi/ <http://www.python.org/pypi/>
No local packages or download links found for pydoc
error: Could not find suitable distribution for Requirement.parse('pydoc')

Hope to hear from you again.

Regards,
Edward WIJAYA
SINGAPORE

------------ Institute For Infocomm Research - Disclaimer -------------
This email is confidential and may be privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient, please delete it and notify us immediately. Please do not copy or use it for any purpose, or disclose its contents to any other person. Thank you.