Howto pass Array/Hash into Function

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Tue Oct 3 08:08:12 EDT 2006

MonkeeSage wrote:
> Wildemar Wildenburger wrote:
>
>>MonkeeSage wrote:

>>>def myfunc(plain_var, hash_ref, arref):
>>>  # Do sth with those variables
>>>  return
>>
>>At the risk of being a jerk (sorry, I'm really just curious):
>>Why isn't that obvious?
>>
>>wildemar (sorry)
>

> I wondered that too and wasn't even going to answer, but then I thought
> mabye the question was meant to be more general, like "what is the
> syntax for passing objects to functions in python?"

It wouldn't be obvious to someone who learned Perl as their first
programming language because Perl chose to ignore the otherwise almost
universal convention that formal parameters determine the arguments that
a function or procedure can be calles with.

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden       +44 150 684 7255  +1 800 494 3119