commands.getstatusoutput result is not command line exit value!!!

Hari Sekhon hpsekhon at googlemail.com
Mon Oct 2 13:51:00 EDT 2006

yes already noted by Steve, thanks.

I should have spotted that myself straight away but I was too wrapped up
in this whole "I didn't realise there were 2 sets of numbers" thing,
gotta go read some unix programming books it would seem this is a os
function that I am not aware of.

I still reserve the right to be annoyed at commands for not hiding this
from me like everything else, but then </F> is right (as always it would
seem) I should not be using such a deprecated thing like commands, I
will switch to subprocess...

I'm even more surprised since I do so much shell scripting and I've
never even heard of this thing before, I guess only the really
battle-scarred old skool ones may know of it.

-h

Hari Sekhon

Scott David Daniels wrote:
> Steve Holden wrote:
>
>> Hari Sekhon wrote:
>>
>>> I'm running a command like
>>>
>>> import commands
>>> result = commands.getstatusoutput('somecommand')
>>> print result[0]