What's the best IDE?

mkPyVS mikeminer53 at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 25 19:43:43 EDT 2006

I perform python development for cross platform firmware integration
and analysis on a daily basis and the IDE I use and recommend is Komodo
from ActiveState. Our worldwide development group (30) has recently all
purchased the professional version as it integrates with several
version control systems, has a built-in python debugger, a
mutli-language/package GUI builder, and in-line code
lookup/auto-complete functionality. There are a few nice-to-haves which
aren't available such as: C (++, # or otherwise) auto-complete and
alternate py-documentation viewer but the pros far outweighed the cons
for our development team.
http://www.activestate.com/Products/Komodo/?tn=1