Python to use a non open source bug tracker?

Paul Rubin http
Fri Oct 6 04:40:32 EDT 2006

"Giovanni Bajo" <noway at sorry.com> writes:
> Are bug-tracker configuration issues so critical that having to wait
> 48-72hrs to have them fixed is absolutely unacceptable for Python
> development? It looks like an overexaggeration. People easily cope
> with 2-3 days of SVN freezing, when they are politically (rather
> than technically) stopped from committing to SVN. I guess they can
> wait 48 hrs to be able to close that bug, or open that other one, or
> run that query.

How often should a tracker freeze anyway?  People with no technical
knowledge at all run BBS systems that almost never freeze.  Is a
tracker somehow more failure-prone?  It's just a special purpose BBS,
I'd have thought.