help on pickle tool

hanumizzle hanumizzle at gmail.com
Fri Oct 6 02:06:21 EDT 2006

On 5 Oct 2006 22:54:46 -0700, MonkeeSage <MonkeeSage at gmail.com> wrote:
> hanumizzle wrote:
> > Why a subset?
>
> I don't think JSON is a subset of YAML.

Apparent slip of the fingers by OP. From JSON website:

JSON (JavaScript Object Notation) is a lightweight data-interchange
format. It is easy for humans to read and write. It is easy for
machines to parse and generate. It is based on a subset of the
JavaScript Programming Language, Standard ECMA-262 3rd Edition -
December 1999. JSON is a text format that is completely language
independent but uses conventions that are familiar to programmers of
the C-family of languages, including C, C++, C#, Java, JavaScript,
Perl, Python, and many others. These properties make JSON an ideal
data-interchange language.

I'm happy with my Pythonesque YAML syntax, thank you. :)