IDE that uses an external editor?

whatintheworldisthat at gmail.com whatintheworldisthat at gmail.com
Sat Oct 14 00:09:44 EDT 2006

Like said before, pida is a great IDE that supports vim as its external
editor and also the default editor called Culebra, I've used pida
myself and it has some nice features. It's still rough around the edges
and has bugs, but its useable.

It's written with the Kiwi framework, wich is a wrapper for PyGTK.

It has a codeoutliner pane (using ctags I think, but it looks very
clean), file explorer pane, project files, todo list, and even a built
in doc viewer (didnt work very wll with some docs). It also has a
todolist pane and a pane that displays errors caught by PyLint (very
useful). It has a built-in terminal and python interpreter. Supports
CVS and SVN for your projects!

For the most part I just use Vim alone, but pida definetely seems to
have a lot of potential. Be sure to get the latest version; I would use
pida if it wasnt for some minor bugs.

http://pida.berlios.de/